Select a language:


To make available to the public the identities of those persons or entities doing business under fictitious business names. A business name that DOES NOT include the surname of an individual owner.

Who Should File?

Persons or entities doing business for profit under a fictitious name (does not include surname).

Where to File?

The statement must be filed in the county of the principal place of business. After filing in the county of principal, the statement may be filed in other counties.


Search FBN Name

Note: It is the registrant’s responsibility to search the name before filing.

New Statement





Filing in Person?

For in-person service, customers MUST complete an application prior to visiting our office. Click here to complete your application.




(Monday – Friday)

Central Office

601 N. Ross St.

Santa Ana, CA 92701

8am – 4:30pm

North County Branch Office

222 S. Harbor Blvd, Ste. 110A

Anaheim, CA 92805

9am – 4:30pm

South County Branch Office

24031 El Toro Rd.

Laguna Hills, CA 92653

9am – 4:30pm

To complete your online FBN application before visiting our office, please click here.

Payment Options

In-person payment can be made by check, money order or one of the following debit/credit cards: American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa.

Mail Requests

Please complete an online application. All FBN applications sent by mail must contain an original wet signature and include a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Please mail to:

OC Clerk-Recorder

PO BOX 238

Santa Ana, CA 92702

Payments by Mail

Payment by mail can be made by check or money order, payable to OC Clerk-Recorder.


Filing fee for one business name and one registrant


Each additional business name


Each additional registrant after the first two






Certified Copy



The registrant must publish the statement once a week for 4 consecutive weeks in a legally adjudicated newspaper of general circulation in the county where the fictitious business name is filed.

The first publication must be published within 45 calendar days from the filing date. If you miss the 45-day requirement, the statement automatically expires, and you must file a new statement and pay all applicable fees. The law does not allow for any extensions.

Please click here for a non-exclusive list of adjudicated newspapers. There may be other adjudicated newspapers that do not appear on this list.


Need to Refile? Please click here


Need to Abandon? Please click here


Need to Withdraw? Please click here


Need a Change? Please click here