For those looking to tie the knot on the most romantic day of the year, we are here to help you! This upcoming Valentine’s Day, Orange County Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen will be offering extended hours at his offices in Anaheim, Laguna Hills and at the Old County Courthouse in Santa Ana. Instead of its normal closing hours, the department will be keeping its marriage services units open until 5:00 p.m. Due to high demand, appointments are highly recommended. Walk-ins are welcomed and will be served on a first come, first served basis; however, couples must complete an application online prior to visiting any of the offices. To complete an application and/or to make an appointment, please visit the following link: https://www.ocrecorder.com/services/marriage-services.
“Valentine’s Day is always one of the busiest and happiest days of the year for the department, so we try to make it easier and more convenient for couples, especially for those who must work on this special day,” said Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen.
The department will be implementing strict social distancing guidelines as well as the following restrictions to ensure the safety of the couples and staff:
- Couples must complete their marriage application online prior to visiting any of our offices.
- Ceremony rooms are currently closed. All marriage ceremonies will be performed at the service desk/counter where the marriage license is issued.
- For couples looking to obtain a marriage license, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
- For couples looking to obtain a public marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple and one witness may be present. No guests allowed.
- For couples looking to obtain a confidential marriage license and have a ceremony, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
- Couples must present valid government issued photo identification at their appointment.
- Payment can be made by cash, credit/debit card, check, cashier's check, and/or money order. Make checks and money orders payable to the Orange County Clerk-Recorder.
Another reason to join us on this special day, the department has the lowest costs for a marriage license and a marriage ceremony in the state. In Orange County, couples can obtain a public marriage license for $61 and a confidential marriage license for $66. A civil marriage ceremony can be performed for an additional $28.
For more information, please call the department’s information line at (714) 834-2500 or visit OCRecorder.com. The department’s information line is available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except holidays.